Monday, November 24, 2014

Hi, my name is Ben.

On Thursday, November 20th, 2014 at 1:14pm, Benjamin David arrived. He weighed in at 6lbs.2oz, was 18 inches long, and immediately demonstrated a very healthy set of lungs. Despite being almost 5 weeks premature, he had zero complications and didn't have to go to the NICU.  We are so happy with how things turned out!  Ben had no choice but to fight his way to be here and Jeremy and I couldn't be more proud of him.


Welcome to the world, Sweet Potato.

I'll post more details about his birth story later, as well as the status of my cancer treatments (in a nutshell, I'm on a break from chemo to allow a few weeks recovery from the c-section).  For now, here are some pictures from Ben's first few days as an official member of our family :)











We have so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving.  Hope everyone gets to enjoy the holiday surrounded by people they love!

1 comment: